Thursday, September 12, 2013

{lunch notes revisited}

Remember this post?
When my three year old headed off to school last year, it quickly became a habit of putting a little note in her lunch box to get her over the first days of school jitters. Of course, I couldn't just jot her a line, I had to quickly sketch her a little character. Somedays the picture reflected something going on in our lives, others it was simply what happened when the pen met the paper. Over the months, I learned that it became a "thing" for everyone at school. The older kids would read her the note and they all enjoyed seeing what I had drawn. I would get grief from the teachers if the morning was a bit hectic and the note didn't happen at all. (yes, we have mornings like that in our house too!) Then the other mothers caught wind of it, they wanted their own lunch notes. Well ladies, you asked.... and now,  you shall receive. Lunch notes are now available and they come packaged in a cute little brown paper bag, ready for you to jot your little one a line. Just stop on by our etsy shop.
* * *
Fast forward to today: Not even 5 days after posting, somebody did stop by my Etsy shop. And that someone just happened to be the buyer for Food52's new market site, Provisions. For the past month I have been working with her on an exclusive line of lunch box notes and lunch boxes for there "Weekday Warrior" Collection. It has been a bit surreal taking those little doodles for my daughter and turning them into something for the world to enjoy. Even Eliza asked, "Mommy, why do people want to buy my lunch notes?" Check how far our little sentiments have gone. What a fun and wonderful trip it has been. 
 Check out the collection here. 






No comments:

Post a Comment