Wednesday, May 6, 2009

{london calling}

The other day I was reading one of the blogs that I check out on a regular basis, sfgirlbybay. She was writing about her upcoming trip to London. Her pictures made me reminiscent of my recent trip across the pond. I sat down with a cup of tea and started flipping through my photos and memorabilia. One thing lead to another and, voila.
"London Calling" print is available in an 8x10 or 11x14.
It is now available on our website and at our etsy shop.
Here are a few of my favorite places in London or things that sparked inspiration.

One of the few nights that we were not lucky enough to stay with good friends, we stayed at the
Sherlock Holmes Hotel in the Marylebone District. They had great lounge with large leather chairs and a fireplace. Perfect for playing Apples to Apples with friends.
Just around the corner from our hotel, La Fromagerie. Cheeses from across Europe, dry goods and the yummiest treats! Eat and Two Veg. As a vegetarian, this quickly became my favorite place in town. Proper English Breakfast, Butternut Crumble and Curry, and all of the other local dishes, only all veggie, soy and vegan! If only we I could have packed these in my bag!!When designing fabric, I am always working with the printer with the Pantone colors. I love to flip through the paper swatch book in my studio and if you could see my kitchen walls, there is about 5 different colors of paint on each. I can't decide what color I want to paint them. Color is a huge part of my life. Add the fact the I am a coffee addict, I just can't get enough of these. I spotted these mugs in a small shop but they are also available online at www.grahamandgreen.co.uk
Now, it is back to reality. My tea cup is empty and all that is left is the memories and wishing I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment