Monday, March 30, 2009

returning home



Today's blog is more of a personal one. Just last week, I returned home to Lancaster Co. Pennsylvania for my Grandfather's funeral. It was a time of peace and reflection. Not only was I inspired of the simple life that he lead for 93 years, I was reminded of the how life can be quiet and natural, down on the farm. It took me back to my childhood. I started to sketch and after reviewing the sketches, they reminded me of an artist that I stumbled upon in Scotland a few months back. She drew animals that surrounded her and used watercolor to bring them to life.


"clara" and "lizzie" are the beginnings of my newest collection. It's a bit of a change from my more modern pieces that I have done recently . As inkSpotts turns 7 years old this month, I thought that it would be a good time to return to my roots, in more ways than one.

These new designs will be printed on 6x6 100% recycled luxe cream card stock with a cordinating enevelope. They will be avaible on our website, at the Serenbe MayDay Festival , and our upcoming etsy shop. Check back soon for more critters!

No comments:

Post a Comment