Friday, March 28, 2014

{the long lost blog}

One of the things that bothers me the most is when I look at a company's website and click on their blog with great anticipation in order to see just a tad bit more about the them, to peek behind the scenes and see what makes them tic, then finding the blog sad, lonely and rarely updated. I race to the back arrow with extreme disgust. So, one would think that I would stay on top of my own blog, updating photos, product launches, new merchants information, new creations and all about the daily grind of what inkSpotts is exactly. Did you check the date of my last post?  I am ashamed...November 8th. Don't even make me count how many months ago that was. So, what has been happening in the four corners of our little studio all this time? .... LIFE!

Hats off to all of you entrepreneurs who blog, tweet, instagram, facebook, pinterest, tumbler and whatever other social media outlet I am forgetting, on not only a daily basis but often times quadruple times a day. I commend you for being able to keep up with all of that and all of the work that comes with the doing the actual job itself. I surrender.

In the nearly five months (yes I counted them with shame) since I have logged in, gallery openings, art shows, holidays along with all of their specials, weddings projects, deadlines for the design group, contract writing for new clients and stocking the shelves of new merchants have all come and gone. Its all a big blur because as I have said, life has taken the main stage and the blog has gotten shoved under the bed with the rest of the dust bunnies.(don't make me go under there either). There have been vacation days, snow days, teaching days, morning sickness all day days (baby number two coming our way in July), meeting days, pneumonia days, stomach bug days, more snow days, more vacation days.... you get the idea. So when I do actually have a chance to grab a peaceful second in the studio, I do what I love to do most (and what my clients prefer the most), create and design!! Sorry blog I wish I could offer you more. 

But for now, while everything is peaceful and the coffee is still warm in my cup here are a few pics to catch up. And here's to a few months of keeping up with things, I hope. Promising to do my best and not be one of "those" blogs. As Garrison Keeler says, "Be well. Do good work, and keep in touch." 

No Ordinary Benefit Show - Illustration based on a quote from CS Lewis

Concepts sketches for a pretty exciting new client. Cant wait to share all of the details in April.
(honest...I'll blog again before August and be sure to share)





Design submissions for a new client via A Fresh Bunch! Fun stuff!! 
Stocking "Crafted Westside" with lots of lunch boxes. 
wedding proof moc-ups

new piece for Art in the Park at Whittier Mill Village

A little too up close and personal with the Bowmans

No comments:

Post a Comment